The Mac from Apple has not only been expanded and improved in terms of hardware in recent years, but the operating system has also received its updates at irregular intervals. These not only included new functions because closing security gaps were also at the top of the list. Nevertheless, it can still happen today that a program no longer reacts. This means that the user can no longer control the program without their fault. In this article, we read about How to force quit on mac?
The real problem with this is that even simply closing it no longer works. Fortunately, the solution to the problem that has arisen is only a few clicks away because a Mac can also be used to force a program to exit. If you look more closely, there are two options available for this.
Variant 1: via the Mac activity to force quit on mac
Display The first variant to force the shutdown of the software looks like this …
- The first thing to do is go to the Mac Activity Monitor, found under Applications – Utilities.
- This will then be opened, and a list will appear showing all currently running programs. But that’s not all because all system processes are also displayed.
- In the next step, the program is selected, which should be closed.
- The red button labeled “End process” can be pressed as soon as this has been done.
- The process is now closed, and the program disappears from the list of currently operated programs.
Variant 2: Via the apple symbol
This is possibility number two with the mouse on the apple symbol in the top left corner, opening a menu.
- In this menu there is also the item “Quit immediately,” which, as you can already guess, is opened.
- An overview is now also displayed here, showing all currently running programs.
- The fourth step is to select the program that, for whatever reason, no longer works properly.
- Last but not least, the button “End immediately” is pressed, whereby the process is then closed without asking.
- If you want to quickly reach the menu item “Quit immediately” in the Apple menu, you can use the corresponding key combination. Fortunately, this is noted to the right of the menu item.
- Since all system processes are displayed in the activity display, you should only close a program with great care. If you end an essential function, the operating system can no longer work properly in the worst case.
Also read: how to cook corned beef