Warrior is an American action drama television series that aired on Cinemax from April 5, 2019 to December 4, 2020. However, Warrior is currently not on Netflix for streaming in any region, as it was unfortunately canceled in 2020.
With its gritty setting, intense action sequences, and exploration of race relations in 19th-century America, Warrior has received critical acclaim and developed a passionate fanbase.
Overview of Warrior
Jonathan Tropper created Warrior under the guidance of Bruce Lee’s daughter, Shannon Lee. Tropper serves as executive producer along with Justin Lin. The series stars Andrew Koji as Ah Sahm, a newly arrived Chinese immigrant with impressive fighting skills who joins the Hop Wei Tong. It also features Kieran Bew as Officer Richard Lee, Olivia Cheng as Ah Toy, and Dianne Doan as Mai Ling, among others.
The first season follows Ah Sahm’s entrance into the Tongs’ brutal, politically corrupt world as he searches for his sister. Also, it explores themes of discrimination, police corruption, and the challenges facing Chinese immigrants at the time.
The second season continues Ah Sahm’s journey as he navigates shifting alliances and rivalries in Chinatown. However, Warrior has built a dedicated viewer base with its blend of gritty action and historical drama.
Is Warrior on Netflix?
Unfortunately for fans looking to binge-watch or rewatch the series, Warrior is not currently available to stream on Netflix. The series aired on Cinemax while it was running, and after its cancellation, the rights to stream it online appear to be tied up. That prevents it from being accessible on major streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, or Disney+.
There are a few possible reasons why Netflix hasn’t yet acquired the rights to stream Warrior. As a Cinemax original, the network may have an exclusivity window before the series can go to other platforms.
There are also reports that Cinemax has been reluctant to license their original shows more widely. So even though Netflix features plenty of action dramas, Warrior’s distribution status makes it unlikely to appear there anytime soon.
Where to Watch Warrior
For fans hoping to watch the series’ blend of martial arts action and historical fiction, there are a few options available:
Warrior is available to stream for free on Tubi. The service has limited ads but does not require a subscription. However, here are the steps to stream Warrior through Tubi:
- Go to com or download the Tubi app on your device.
- Create a free Tubi account if you don’t already have one. This will allow you to save shows to your queue.
- Use the search bar to find “Warrior”. Both seasons should appear in the results.
- Select the season you want to watch. You can stream episodes individually or click “Watch Season” to binge.
- Commercials will play as you watch since Tubi is an ad-supported platform. You cannot skip these.
Plex users can add Warrior to their media libraries and stream the episodes through the Plex app. Also, a Plex Pass subscription is required. However, here are the steps to watch Warrior using Plex:
- Sign up for a paid Plex Pass subscription if you don’t already have one. This will give you access to all Plex features.
- Download and set up the Plex Media Server on the device where your media files are stored, like a computer or NAS drive. The Plex server will organize and stream your files.
- Add the Warrior video files to your Plex libraries. You’ll need to purchase and download the video files from a provider like Amazon, iTunes, etc.
- Match the files to the correct show metadata. Plex uses metadata like episode titles to organize your media.
- Download the Plex app on the streaming device you want to watch from. Log into your Plex account.
- From the Plex app, select Warrior from your TV show libraries. You can now stream any episode.
During its original run, Warrior aired new episodes on Cinemax. Previous episodes are available on-demand for those with a Cinemax subscription through their TV provider.
- Go to the Cinemax channel through your TV provider. New episodes aired live here during Warrior’s original run.
- Check if your provider has a Cinemax on-demand library. Most have an on-demand menu or dedicated Cinemax app to access past episodes.
- Find Warrior in the TV show listings and select it. This will bring up episodes from seasons 1 and 2.
- Pick the episode you want to watch. Typically, you can browse by season and episode number.
- Streaming should begin immediately with your Cinemax subscription.
This service, which focuses on Spanish language and Latino content, has Warrior available in its catalogue. You can watch with a CanelaTV subscription.
- Go to Canelatv or download the CanelaTV app on your streaming device or smart TV.
- Select “Register” to create a free CanelaTV account. This will allow you to stream content.
- Browse or search for “Warrior” using the app’s search function. It should appear as an available title.
- Tap on the Warrior icon, and you will be brought to a page with episode details, trailers, etc.
- To immediately start watching, select an episode and click the “Play” icon. This will begin streaming it.
In some regions, Warrior may be accessible through Amazon’s Prime Video service. There is a fee for each episode or season purchase.
- Go to com or open the Prime Video app on your device. Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Search for “Warrior” using the search bar. The series should appear in the results.
- Click on Warrior, and you will be brought to the Prime Video show page. Here, you can buy the entire season or purchase individual episodes.
- The cost is typically $2.99 per HD episode or $19.99 per HD season. SD and 4K formats are also sometimes available at different prices.
- Complete your purchase using your preferred payment method associated with your Amazon account. Purchased content will appear in your video library.
- Locate Warrior in your video library and select the season or episode you want to start watching immediately. Streaming will begin.
On this Walmart-owned streaming marketplace, you can buy and rent episodes and seasons of Warrior to watch on-demand.
- Go to com or open the Vudu app on your streaming device or smart TV.
- Search for “Warrior” using the search bar to find the series. Click on it when it appears in the results.
- On the Warrior show page, you can rent individual episodes for $2.99 (SD) or $3.99 (HD) each. Or buy whole seasons at $19.99 (SD) or $24.99 (HD).
- Tap “Rent” or “Buy” and select your preferred format. Complete payment using your Vudu account payment method. Digital rental purchases are available for 30 days.
- Purchased episodes and seasons are added to your Vudu library account instantly. Select Warrior to start streaming your rented or purchased content.
Digital purchases through platforms like Amazon, iTunes, YouTube, and Google Play allow you to buy individual episodes or whole seasons of Warrior to watch on-demand. However, this is the most direct way to access the series.
FAQs on Is Warrior on Netflix
Is Warrior available on Netflix or Hulu?
Unfortunately, Warrior is not currently available on either Netflix or Hulu.
What is the cheapest way to watch Warrior online?
The cheapest legal option for streaming Warrior online is to watch it for free on Tubi.
Can I download Warrior episodes to watch offline?
Yes, you can download Warrior to watch offline if you purchase it from Prime Video or Vudu.
Is Warrior still on Cinemax on demand?
If you have a current Cinemax subscription through a cable or live TV streaming provider, you can still access past episodes of Warrior on demand through the Cinemax app or website.
The gritty and action-packed drama series Warrior is not available to stream on Netflix. Due to its original home on Cinemax and licensing restrictions, the show has not yet made its way onto major streaming platforms.
Unfortunately, it was cancelled in 2020, but there remains some optimism that Warrior could return to conclude Ah Sahm’s story one day properly. Until then, viewers will have to look beyond Netflix to get their fix of this unique martial arts period drama.